RobotStudio event

UI Thread and change event

I am trying to simply update on pendant screen the status of a number of digital IO. I have a working solution but the update time on change is in the region >6 secs! This clearly is not workable in real terms. I have invoked the event delegation as recom'd in the sdk docs to sync the threads but even so, i still have very slow updates! Can anyone help / shed some light please...

void ITpsViewActivation.Deactivate()

{

this.do1Sig.Changed -=new SignalChangedEventHandler (do1Sig_Changed);

}

void ITpsViewActivation.Activate()

{

this.do1Sig.Changed +=new SignalChangedEventHandler (do1Sig_Changed);

}

#endregion

private void do1Sig_Changed(object sender, SignalChangedEventArgs e)

{

this.Invoke (new EventHandler(this.ChangedDO1UserInterface),sender, e);

}

private void ChangedDO1UserInterface(object sender, System.EventArgs e)

{

SignalChangedEventArgs args = (SignalChangedEventArgs) e;

SignalState sigState = args.NewSignalState;

Single val = sigState.Value;                    // or some suitable means of display here

this.textBox1.Text = val.ToString();          // ----------------||------------------

}

Comments

• Hello,

this "lag" is due to the SDK Domain; the events are delayed. As far as I know, there will be a change in 5.06 to increase the performance of the SDK Domain.

best regards

Ren?

• Thanks Rene.... lets look forward to 5.06 (And no lag!)

Regards