RobotStudio event

Interlink aliases missing [WebWare SDK]

Can anyone tell me why my aliases disapear when shutting down the computer. A have added four aliases with the Device config (or whatever it's called) and they work fine but they go missing after a reboot. Can't remember that I had this problem on my development machine.

Comments

• What user type are you logged in as when you create the aliases? I think you must be an admin or power user.

Russell Drown
  • I have created this aliases when logged in with a user which has admin rights. Weard isn't it?
  • I assume this is Interlink 4.0 or greater, correct?

If so, create an alias then look in the file AliasList.xml in C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataABB AutomationRobComCfg.

Check if an entry for the alias is created.

If not, check that the file is not read-only.

Otherwise log out or restart the system and see if the entry is still there. If the entry is not there, check the created date and modified date of the file to see if it is being deleted and recreated every time.

Russell Drown
  • Thanks for the very useful information. The problem was that I had an aliasname which contained an swedish letter. "A" with two dots over.

So, I guess Interlink has problems reading the special swedish letters in the aliaslist-XML.

/S

• Thanks for your troubleshooting efforts, sounds like a good candidate for a "technote".

Technically I guess it would not be a defect because WW products have not been "internationalized".

Russell Drown
  • Since WebWare 4.5 it is not possible to create alias name, or Plant Model names with non ASCII character to avoid some problems with "internationalization".