RobotStudio event

IBM T42p get’s stuck!

Options

Has anyone tryed next thing: Start RS 3.1, build 2234 normally, select any robot and start controller. Your own or demo. Then play little bit with it, make some targets, path and RAPID. All seems to work all right. Then do Shut Down of Controller or close RS 3.1, at least my computer get's stuck so that only removing battery helps!image This happens also when starting up VC only. RS 3.1 you can open and select library components and close it, and everything works fine. I have Windows XP Professional, with Service Pack 1, and Laptop is T42p, with 2 weeks ago assembled. I should make training to customer week 15, so any help is good!

Br Ville

Comments

• John Wiberg
    Options

Hi Ville,

Never seen that problem.image

We have two T42p running RS 3.1 in the office and no problems at all.

The only thing I can think of that might cause this to happen is the virus protection, in some systems we have seen that the virus protection always takes a closer look at the VC when starting and stopping since it's an exe that is creating files on the disk.
    You could test switching your virus protection program off to see if this is the problem.

Otherwise I'm unsure what could be the problem...image

• Hi John,

I have tested your suggestion, disabled Virus protection, no help, disabled Firewall, no help. Disabled both together, Virus and Firewall, no help. And to tell you problem more detailed, it is with V40 controllers only! Can you imagine that?image V32->V21 even are working normally. And problem is that I have to shut down my T42p and restart it to get it up and running again. Could you tell me what grafic cards you are using on T42p, what driver version has it, and what Video driver version is installed to T42p?

Br Ville

Vilho7438469,3887962963
  • Hi again...

We have managed to solve a problem with IBM new installation! They don't tell us what was wrong, but problem is solved anyway...

Br Ville

• Anders S
    Options
    Hi Ville,

In RobotStudio 5 (the new RobotStudio version for IRC5 robots) have we had a lot of problems with the T42p video drivers delivered from IBM.

I think that was what caused your problem in RS 3.1 also.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics