RobotStudio event

Simple Application [WebWare SDK]

Hi, I'm new in the programing of robot interface and I want to make a simple application. I would like to make this application in visual basic with visual studio 2008, I have the webware software with its ActiveX controls, I want to make a simple interface for "Load a program" into the controller and "execute the program"
Can someone help me?

Thank you very much and sorry for me english

Comments

• Klaus
    Klaus ✭✭
    webware is used in VB6 to connect to SC4.
     VS2008 is vb.net used with RAB to connect to IRC5.

Are wee talking SC4 controller or IRC5?

Best Regards

Klaus Soenderhegn
    www.cadalysator.dk
  • Is the controller S4C and the robot IRC1400
  • so without VB6 I can't do nothing?
  • Klaus
    Klaus ✭✭
    No Webware SDK is only to bee used in VB6.
    Best Regards

Klaus Soenderhegn
    www.cadalysator.dk
  • Thanks you very much,
  • With VB6 and the instruction

Dim resulid As Long

Dim File As String

File= "flp1:G4_PRO.prg"

h.S4ProgramLoad(0,File,1,resulid)

should it work?
  • Hello

I am sorry to say that this is wrong Wink

No Webware SDK is only to bee used in VB6.

Webware SDK is based on COM and activeX components which are still supported by Microsof tools including VB.NET and C#. Just refer toMicrosoft documentation on how to incorporate Activex component to your .NET project.

I wander if there was not explanantion in the SDK documentation or Help because the events are managed a bit differently in .NET, but Microsoft describe it as COM and ACTIVEX is Microsoft Technology

I had also created .NET samples which should still be in the Webware SDK CD

They were done for VS.NET 2003 and should be upgraded to VS.NET 2008 or 2010

JC

• Thanks you very much,

I have the code that I put before for try to load a program but nothing happen. Do you know how can I do for load a program in the controller?

thank you

• Klaus
    Klaus ✭✭
    Sorry to missinform, but that was what i was told from ABB back in 2006.
    Tried my self to use the activeX in VS2003 and it didn't work so i used VB6 with good results
    Best Regards

Klaus Soenderhegn
    www.cadalysator.dk
  • I only have VS 2008 but I don't want to do something complicated only load and execute a program from the computer, Can you help me with this? whats are the instructions that I need? and how can I make it?

Thank you for your interest

• You need also to initiate the helper with the alias name , I imagine you did that
     You can look in the sample in the WW SDK CD or installation , there is an application called workcell which contains sample of usage of most of the features

JC
  • Technically it works , but ABB don't support it officially, as if there is problem iit is up to microsoft to look at it
  • I looked this sample, but it don't have nothing about load programs, someone have got something of these?
    thank you