RobotStudio event

Calibrate an IRB140

Hi, the batteries of my IRB140 are discharged and now I have to calibrate the robot. How can I use the standard calibration data that I found on a label located underneath the flange plate on the base for a new calibration?

Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

If the battery is dead you should only need to update the rev counters not do a fine calibration (which are the numbers you found on the label).

Jog the robot to line up the calibration marks on each axis, then through the service menu update the rev counters.

Regards

Graeme

• [QUOTE=graemepaulin]Hi,

If the battery is dead you should only need to update the rev counters not do a fine calibration (which are the numbers you found on the label).

Jog the robot to line up the calibration marks on each axis, then through the service menu update the rev counters.

Regards

Graeme
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks for your answer. It's normal that the angles on the teach pendant aren't zero after the rev counters update?

• Another thing. In the manual I have found this. What means?

• Hi,

Yes the angle is not normally exactly zero, but it should be close.

The way to check the update has been done correctly is to use an ABSJ move (with a named jointtarget which has all 6 axis angles set to zero degrees).

After running this move command all the marks should be lined up correctly (in the center of marker) and the display will read exactly zero.

This will show any issues with axis 4 & 6 being 360 degress out (as per your last post).

To correct this jog the axis concerned to the correct postion and update the rev counter for that axis only.

Regards

Graeme

graemepaulin2012-07-12 10:25:48

• [QUOTE=graemepaulin]Hi,

Yes the angle is not normally exactly zero, but it should be close.

The way to check the update has been done correctly is to use an ABSJ move (with a named jointtarget which has all 6 axis angles set to zero degrees).

All the marks should be lined up correctly (in the center of marker) and the display will read exactly zero.

This will show any issues with axis 4 & 6 being 360 degress out (as per your last post).

To correct this jog the axis concerned to the correct postion and update the rev counter for that axis only.

Regards

Graeme

[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for your reply. I will try again and I hope to get good accuracy with this calibration. 

• Hi,

Note my edit to the post, the marks should line up after running the AbsoluteJ move.

Regards

Graeme

• Hi Graeme, do you know if the kinematic parameters (Denavit-Hartenberg parameters) used in S4CPLUS are the same of the datasheet?

What is the fine calibration? Is it the absolute calibration?

mfciril2012-07-12 13:39:09