RobotStudio event

Smart Component Get/Set Rapid Variable

Is it possible to create smart components using the out of the box tools to read/write rapid variables on the VC?

Comments

• Not out of the box, no.

The workaround for "num" values is to set up an Analog signal in the controller. Then have a backgound task or a trap that catches the change and updates the RAPID. While in RobotStudio you have a smartcomponent which maches it.
    Let me know if you want an example.

• Thought about this one again and I can really see the potential in this, so I'm putting it into the UpFeed instead as a suggestion.
  • Thanks. It would be nice not having to run a separate VB program to simulate components like this. I had considered the analog approach but I'm working with POS data types so it would have been a little messy.
  • Has anything been done with this? Customer would like to read / write variable in VC while simulation is running. Thanks

• I would be interested to know if there is any progress made on this request?  I have a simulation that I would like to be able to display the current value of several variables in the RAPID code.  This can be done with the RAPID watch window, but, is not saved when the station is closed, nor is it recorded.
  • Hey all, i am having issue with Get/Set Rapid Component.

I am trying to read a variable that is part of a Record.

Interlocks_FromMH.Tool2Motion1Adv.

When this tag becomes TRUE then i would like to put a mechanism (EOAT) joist to a certain position. The issue is that i get the error that the program could not locate this tag. Below are is the data i am trying to reference. I have already tripple checked the other parameters inisde the Component Properties.

The odd thing is when i read the tag without the sub structure part  - Interlocks_FromMH - then it the result reads back the full structure of the tag, listed directly below.

PERS RobotInterlocks Interlocks_FromMH:= [0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE];

RECORD RobotInterlocks
            num Style;
            num Tool;
            num X;
            num Y;
            num Z;
            num EaxA;
            num EaxB;
            num EaxC;
            num EaxD;
            num EaxE;
            num EaxF;