RobotStudio event

Delete / Remove System

soup
soup ✭✭✭
When you want to remove a network system from the controller list you right-click and choose "delete."
I don't understand the use of the word "delete" when you want to remove the system from the network controller list.
I know it's petty, but deleting a system seems so ominous, when all you're doing is disconnecting from the controller.
Tagged:

Comments

• A colleauge that is not in the core team asked the same question last week. Will the Controller dissapear or what? Add Controller - Remove .....

Best Regards, Niklas Skoglund
    ABB Robotics

Developer Center
    RobotStudio Blog
  • soup
    soup ✭✭✭
    File > Online and choose the network controller. Under the Controller tab, the left Controller window shows the network controller under the Network heading.

The only way I know of disconnecting from the network controller is to right-click and choose delete. Then it's removed from the list.
  • Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will change it it one of our upcoming releases.

/Henrik

(Internal ref: WI11749)

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Hello, 

I have a question, at least regarding the same area of RobotStudio:

I accidently closed the left Controller window under the Controller Tab, where the connected systems appears, and now I can´t find a way to get it back. 
  • Try Default Layout, or manually select the Windows you want back, see picture,

Henrik Berlin
    ABB