RobotStudio event

NX CAD

Options
Would like Robot Studio to support Siemens NX Cad. ABB to provide a CAD converter. Would like Robot Studio to be able to export complete cells to NX Cad. There is a requirement by General Motors and Chrysler to use Siemens Team Center PLM. Team Center uses NX Cad. It would greatly increase the efficiency of ABB robot integration into plant layouts by supporting this. Could future realases of Robot Studio have NX Cad compatibility? 

Comments

• soup
    soup ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd like RobotStudio to be able to export complete cells to any CAD software as a STP file.
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options

Hi,

On RobotApps (https://robotapps.robotstudio.com/Details.aspx?fileId=430) there is an add-in that lets you export all CAD (=B-reps) based station content as SAT. You will get placeholders for the other parts that only has facets. You can use the standalone CAD converter to convert it to STEP.

As for NX it is already on the wish-list.

Kind regards,

Henrik

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • soup
    soup ✭✭✭
    Options
    That worked! Thanks.
  • soup
    soup ✭✭✭
    Options
    Everything but the robot is exported -- I get the tool and an orange rough outline of robot base... Tried on 5.15 - 32 and 64. Am I doing something wrong?
  • Is that because the robot does not contains geometry, just graphics? If you select Export Geometry... on a robot link object, the only format options you get is .dae, .gfx, and .obj, which all are gfx only file formats.

Best Regards, Niklas Skoglund
    ABB Robotics

Developer Center
    RobotStudio Blog
  • On the station node you can use Export Geometry... to export a .dae of the entire station. But I guess you want geometry and not graphics only.
    It can be a bit misleading that the only option available is .dae, which is a non geometry file format, when the command is called "Export Geometry".

Best Regards, Niklas Skoglund
    ABB Robotics

Developer Center
    RobotStudio Blog