RobotStudio event

IRC5 : Store signal value at power down

Options
I want an output that was 1 before powerdown, to be 1 again at powerup. For 0 signal the same : 0 before powerdown = 0 after powerup.
The combination of the two parameters for a digital output are not completely clear to me :
'Signal value at system failuren and at power failure',
and 'Store signal value at power failure'.
What would happen if I activate only the first parameter?
Do I need to activate both parameters to achieve my goal?

Comments

• enmi1980
    enmi1980
    edited March 2014
    Options

The description from the manual is as follows:

"Signal Value at System Failure and Power Fail"

Description The parameter Signal Value at System Failure and Power Fail specifies whether this output I/O signal should keep its current value or take the I/O signal's default value in case of system failure or at a power fail.  "Store Signal Value at Power Fail" Description The parameter Store Signal Value at Power Fail specifies if the I/O signal should be set to the value stored in the permanent memory pool or not at start.This means that if you use "Store Signal Value at Power Fail" it will use the latest value in memory on startup, if you use "Signal Value at System Failure and Power Fail" you could use either the latest value or the specified default value for the signal, but the "Store Signal Value at Power Fail" has higher priority so it would be used Before "Signal Value at System Failure and Power Fail" since this functionality is used both for digital and analog outputs, i Think that some of the options are more valid for the analog outputs.