RobotStudio event

Leftover robtarget declarations in RAPID

Options
SecretHanae
edited September 2014 in UpFeed
Hi,
For some time now, I had a problem with definitions of robtargets, where the robtarget itself isn't used anywhere in the code. Practically , when I make some paths in AWPP and then delete part of it from the path view, the declarations of the robtargets are still present in the code. I would drop the issue, because it's really time consuming to find all of the not used robtargets. But the problem is that, when I make a new module in the same VC, sometimes the declarations are duplicated and I have to look into the code to change the robtargets names. It gets quite messy that way, and I don't know exactly how many more unused robtargets I have in the already created modules.

Comments

• John Wiberg
    Options

Hi SecretHanae,

We have functionality to find them but not to auto-delete them. This is a design decision since it is too risky deleting them wholesale.

open the [RAPID] tab, in the [Controller] window doubleclick the module you wish to find unused robtargets in > this opens up the RAPID editor.

In the [Find] pane click the lower part of [Find/Replace] then [Find Unused References in Module]

Down in the Search Results you can now see a list of all unused references.

You could use "in Task" as well.

Then you click each - see its declaration and can if you as a user think it's a dud, delete the declaration.