RobotStudio event

Oculus rift in robotstudio

I have seen a video where ABB uses Oculus Rift to in combination with Robotstudio.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaYZO8Xg80c&feature=youtu.be

I have just acquired an Oculus Rift, so my question is; How do I make my Oculus Rift work with Robotstudio

Can anyone help me please.

Comments

• Hi,

If you have the Rift connected when you start RS, there should be a button to activate it in the "Graphics Tools" tab.

Note though that the current release only supports DK1. If you have DK2, you will have to wait for RS 5.61.02.

Regards, Johannes

Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    RobotStudio Team, ABB Robotics
  • Okay thanks.

I have the DK2, so I just need to be a little patient then. Any idea when 5.61.02 is released? 
  • Preliminary release date is October 10th.
    Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    RobotStudio Team, ABB Robotics
  • Finally 5.61.02 got released:-)

It works nice with the DK2.

a little funny to work with.
  • Hello, how do you switch back to normal mode? Thanks
  • where you selected the oculus rift mode, you simple select off!
  • Oh, thanks, sounds easy. Sorry, seems to be a problem with my setup. I only could switch into Rift mode, with the rift in "Extendes Desktop Mode, but I had to configure Windows desktop to "cloned". So I have the same picture on the screen and on the rift. I don't see the RobotStudio icons anymore...
    I have to work on the setup, it's not only the problem I can't switch back. On the screen I see a picture, that I would imagine is fine for rift (two circles next to each other), but seen throught the rift it looks like as if the two circles are mirrored again so i see them twice.
  • Ok, I muixed it up. Works well with rift in "extended desktop" display mode. (Rift dsiplay set to portrait in windows screen settings, resulting in a horizontal screen). Now I have the robotstudio toolbar on the screen and the stereo picture through the rift. Now time to optimize on the frames per second rate..
    Thanks svoldgaard.