RobotStudio event

World Zone linked with POWER_ON Event

Hello,

I am fairly new to RobotStudio and ABB robots. I am trying to set up a world zone that once the robot enters the WZ it will shut off everything. I have created a POWER_ON Event but I am not really sure how to implement it in my code. Attached is a screenshot of my code and a text file of my code. If someone could just show me some how to link the POWER_ON Event to my code, that would be a huge help. The error is just an error because I am not hooked up to my controller that has WZ on it (I can't figure out how to put WZ on my virtual controller).
Any help is greatly appreciated!
SM

Best Answer

Answers

• Neily03
    Neily03 ✭✭✭
    Add it to the controller config

• I have already done that, I am trying to figure out how to implement it in my actual code. Maybe I am going about it all wrong... If someone could post a tutorial or something on how to do this, that would be fantastic!
    Thanks,
    SM
  • The poweron event should be calling your zone_output routine.

Once the routine has been run the world zone is  setup and active so then as the extract below from the manual says the robot will stop when it reaches the world zone.

WZLimSup  is used to define, and enable, stopping the robot with an error message when the TCP reaches the world zone. This supervision is active both during program execution and when jogging.

• Ok. Now I am getting an error saying that WZ is too small: Event Message 40669 World Zone Too Small. Description: At least one side or radius is less than the minimal allowed in instruction WZBoxDef. Program Ref./Module1/zone_output/WZLimSup/23. Actions, check the previous volume definition instruction.

Attached is a text file for my code. Can anyone tell me why I am getting this error when I wasn't getting it before?
    Thanks,
    SM
  • The RAPID manual says the minimum length of the sides is 10mm.

In your code the x side is 17-11=6 mm long  - I ran your code (as attached) and got the same error.

Changed corner2  x co-ordinate from 15 to 21, restarted the controller and no error.

If this is the first time you have started the system after connecting the power on event to the zone_output routine this will be the first time that the system has created the zone, hence the first time it has generated the zone too small error.

• SteveMob
    SteveMob
    edited March 2016
    Ok that did fix the problem. And that leads to another question: My xyz is in inches, but the world zone coordinates are in mm? Also, is there a way to view the actual world zone cube?
    The reason why I ask is now I am getting an error anytime I try to run my program: Event Message 50183, Robot outside work area. Description: The robot has reached the World Zone object. Actions: Check the reason of the world zone. Use the joystick to move the robot out of the world zone if needed.
    The problem is, is that it throws up that error anytime I try to start my program, no matter the placement of the TCP on the robot.
    Thanks,
    Stephen
  • There is no direct visualisation (as far a I am aware) - but in the past I have made a box the correct size in the modeling tab of RobotStudio.

Then place in it the correct position (right click the box in the tree->position->set position).

Finally right click the box again->modify->graphic appearance there you can vary the Opacity so you can still see the equipment in the station but also visually see the zone.

• Ok thanks, I will try that.

Any idea on the error I am getting: Event Message 50183, Robot outside work area. Description: The robot has reached the World Zone object. Actions: Check the reason of the world zone. Use the joystick to move the robot out of the world zone if needed.
    The problem is, is that it throws up that error anytime I try to start my program, no matter the position or placement of the TCP on the robot.
    Thanks,
    SM