RobotStudio event

World Zone on RobotStudio

Hello,

I have an IRC5 Compact Controller. I am trying to set up World Zones, and I am wanting to simulate them on RobotStudio before I put it on the controller. I know my controller has WZ's,but for some reason it seems my purchased RobotStudio doesn't have them. Is there a way that I can get WZ on my edition of RS (6.01)?

Thanks for any help!
SM

Best Answer

Answers

• soup
    soup ✭✭✭
    Don't think it has to do with licensing -- if the virtual controller has the World Zone option, it should work.
  • How do I check to see if the virtual controller has it?

I get an event error saying these commands require the option WZ. It says to update the system image with the required option. Any idea on how to do that?
    Thanks,
    SM
  • soup
    soup ✭✭✭
    Right-click on the virtual controller > Properties > System Properties should list them all.
  • This is all it says for the virtual controller:

• soup
    soup ✭✭✭
    Looks like you don't have it on that VC -- it'd be under System Properties > Control Module > Options.
  • So is there something I can do or someone I can talk to about getting it on my VC?
  • soup
    soup ✭✭✭
    If you have a real robot with world zones, when you create a virtual system from a backup, it should include that option on the virtual too.
  • Oohh, that makes sense. I haven't created a virtual system from backup. Got some information on how to do that?
  • I get this error when I try to Go Offline... Any suggestions on other ways to create a virtual controller from real system?
    Thanks
    SM