RobotStudio event

Integrated vision issue

Options
Hi everyone! I'm using IRC5 compact robot controller and Cognex ISM1403 camera. The issue appeared when I tried to load another camera job from RAPID program. 

CamSetProgramMode CognexCamera;
        CamLoadJob CognexCamera, "CameraJobName";

Program execution stops at CamLoadJob and says "Can't load camera job file".
So, maybe You guys have suggestions?

Comments

• IzaR
    IzaR
    edited September 2016
    Options

First, you need to have a job saved in the camera memory.

In your RAPID program you have to define your job name.

e.g CONST string myjob := "myjob.job";    In parentheses is given the exact name of the job stored in the memory of the camera.and next in the procedure you are using you need to refer to the name of your job. CamLoadJob mycamera, myjob;I hope that I helped.
  • IzaR said:

First, you need to have a job saved in the camera memory.

In your RAPID program you have to define your job name.

e.g

CONST string myjob := "myjob.job";    In parentheses is given the exact name of the job stored in the memory of the camera.

and next in the procedure you are using you need to refer to the name of your job.

CamLoadJob mycamera, myjob;

I hope that I helped.

My job is saved in cameras memory. Camera job names matches. I tried to define job, like You said, before and I tried to call it directly from string. I don't know why, but it's not working. It shouldn't be a tricky place where You could make mistakes, but somehow it is..
  • IzaR
    IzaR
    edited September 2016
    Options

Try to define your job again in Integrated Vision tab in RobotStudio.

I have the RAPID code exacly like I said and my camera is working and load job corectly.

I define the CONST string before the PROC main.

And maybe you should add function WaitTime before using the CamLoadJob mycamera, myjob;

• IzaR said:

Try to define your job again in Integrated Vision tab in RobotStudio.

I have the RAPID code exacly like I said and my camera is working and load job corectly.

I define the CONST string before the PROC main.

And maybe you should add function WaitTime before using the CamLoadJob mycamera, myjob;

I did exactly what You said and got nothing. Maybe there is certain configuration I have to do for camera? As far away I got everything working except this thing.
  • IzaR
    IzaR
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I did my camera configuration exactly as in Application manual - Integrated Vision - nothing more. If your program stop on LoadJob i think, that the promlem is in Job not in camera. Otherwise the   CamSetProgramMode CognexCamera; would not be working.
  • IzaR
    IzaR
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Ok, I did try to make new Job, and I maybe find a solution to this issue. When You are making a Job, after setting up the image, calibration and adding location/inspection tool, you must then click the option output to RAPID. When the Job is synchronized to RAPID error doesn't appear.
  • IzaR said:
    Ok, I did try to make new Job, and I maybe find a solution to this issue. When You are making a Job, after setting up the image, calibration and adding location/inspection tool, you must then click the option output to RAPID. When the Job is synchronized to RAPID error doesn't appear.
    I didn't mentioned - I did that and I get outputs from camera. But if there is multiple jobs uploaded to camera's memory, it selects random job and gives me latest output values of that job.
  • rzhao
    Options
    IzaR said:
    I did my camera configuration exactly as in Application manual - Integrated Vision - nothing more. If your program stop on LoadJob i think, that the promlem is in Job not in camera. Otherwise the   CamSetProgramMode CognexCamera; would not be working.
    Hello, 

I have a question about integrated vision. Do you know how to export all the results of the vision coordinates if there are multiple objects on the image?
    Currently I use the example codes from the IV snippet:

CamGetResult Mycamera, Mytarget;    
      myWobj.oframe := Mytarget.cframe;   

But the two sentence above can only get one object position each time. So I have to require the image the second time. 

Many thanks in advance!
    Ran
  • IzaR
    IzaR
    edited September 2016
    Options
    rzhao said:
    IzaR said:
    Hello, 

I have a question about integrated vision. Do you know how to export all the results of the vision coordinates if there are multiple objects on the image?

But the two sentence above can only get one object position each time. So I have to require the image the second time. 

Many thanks in advance!
    Ran

Hi,

You have to use a loop. See Application manual - Integrated Vision. In chapter 6.3.11 called Finding multiple items of the same type you will find more information.

• rzhao
    Options
    IzaR said:
    rzhao said:
    IzaR said:
    Hello, 

Many thanks in advance!
    Ran

Hi,

You have to use a loop. See Application manual - Integrated Vision. In chapter 6.3.11 called Finding multiple items of the same type you will find more information.

Thank you so much !
  • Solved. The problem was, that cameras firmware version was later than ABB integrated vision plugin version. It was 4.10.02 instead of 4.09.01. You can downgrade Cognex camera firmware with old version In-Sight Explorer, so I downloaded In-Sight Explorer 4.9.1, downgraded cameras firmware to 4.09.01 and everything works fine now. Anyway, thanks IzaR for Your help!
  • Dedex
    Options
    Solved. The problem was, that cameras firmware version was later than ABB integrated vision plugin version. It was 4.10.02 instead of 4.09.01. You can downgrade Cognex camera firmware with old version In-Sight Explorer, so I downloaded In-Sight Explorer 4.9.1, downgraded cameras firmware to 4.09.01 and everything works fine now. Anyway, thanks IzaR for Your help!
    hi jedi, how i can learn the ABB integrated vision plugin version. I have similar issue. Can you help me?
    my camera also 4.10.02(012)