RobotStudio event

Siemens 317F PROFINET Can't connect

Options
Hi,

I'm trying to use a Siemens PLC 317F as PROFINET Master for an IRB6400 with the PROFINET Software M/s option (Master/Slave). The problem is that the PLC can't see the Robot, poping up a failure that says: Robot Profinet name is duplicated. I checked the name and I cannot see anything strange...

Tried with 2 different 317F, with an empty program, same failure. But, here is the funny thing, I tried with a CPU315 and CPU1212C, no problem. The only difference is that 317 is F (Safety). I called to ABB Support they said that I need PROFISAFE option for a communication with a Safety PLC.... That's new. I've already sent 8 IRB6700 communicating with a CPU1512F with no problem...  

Can anybody bring some light to this problem? Thanks,

Un saludokind regards,

Daniel Aguilar

Automation Engineering

Comments

• daguilar
    Options
    Solved, thanks.

Un saludokind regards,

Daniel Aguilar

Automation Engineering

• Dr_Solomon
    Options
    @daguilar, could you tell me what the solution was for the problem? I'm currently having the same problem with an IRB1600 and a Siemens 317F.
  • daguilar
    Options
    @daguilar, could you tell me what the solution was for the problem? I'm currently having the same problem with an IRB1600 and a Siemens 317F.
    Oh man, I don't remember... I think there was something wrong in the PLC software, the profinet name wasnt correct or something like that

Un saludokind regards,

Daniel Aguilar

Automation Engineering