RobotStudio event

Importing Catia and STEP files on network license

I was trying to import some files into RobotStudio 6.04.01 and for CatParts, CatProducts and Step files, it automatically fails with the following error.  Licensing says that I have these converters, and the Step file imports fine into 5.15.02.  What needs to be done to be able to load these files?  They should not be from a newer version of catia than the converter should be able to handle.

RobotStudio .NET exception: External component has thrown an exception.
============================================
Base exception: SEHException
External component has thrown an exception.
   at SPAIopAcisSystem.Initialize(SByte* )
   at RobotStudio.Services.Geometry.ConverterService.Import(String file, GraphicImportSettings settings, IProgressCallback progress)
   at RobotStudio.API.Internal.CadConverter.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<ImportAsync>b__1()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at RobotStudio.API.Internal.CadConverter.<ImportAsync>d__13.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at RobotStudio.Services.GraphicConverters.GraphicConverterService.<ImportAsync>d__8.MoveNext()
   at ABBInternal.StationLogic.ComponentServices.<ImportComponents>d__7.MoveNext()

Comments

• Hi,

Just make sure that your license has all converters you need and want to import in robotstudio because it seems like your RS doesn't accept these CAD files.

Also check if the files aren't corrupted.

/Adnan

• The files open fine in Catia and CADFix, and we have network licenses, with those converters, so I am not sure why it isn't working.