RobotStudio event

Ways to send continuous cartesian instructions or to get the position update without blocking?

Yumi doesn’t have a functionality to use Pose mode on EGM, but only Joint mode. Are there any ways to control Yumi’s arm in cartesian position without blocking during the command? When I say ‘blocking’, it means the operation of the application stop until the robot gets to the destination, as we could observe MoveL function on other robots. If Yumi has a special instruction that I can get the streaming data of the current position during its movement, that would be great. I haven’t look through all the documentation about Yumi, but found there are some instructions specific for Yumi. Please let me know if you know anything.

Comments

• Hi, Kazoo, there is an open abb software that allows remote clients to send requests for actions.
    https://github.com/robotics/open_abb
    Hope it would help.

Best regards,
    Ran
  • Hi rzhao, thank you for your comment. I used open_abb for the IRB robot and had some issue regarding blocking mentioned above. When you used open_abb for YuMi, did it work smoothly and didn't have a blocking issue?
  • I tried open_abb for YuMi, but the result was as expected. It didn't move smoothly because MoveL instruction couldn't handle the consecutive short movement well...
  • kazoo said:
    Hi rzhao, thank you for your comment. I used open_abb for the IRB robot and had some issue regarding blocking mentioned above. When you used open_abb for YuMi, did it work smoothly and didn't have a blocking issue?
    Hi Kazoo, unfortunately, I also had this blocking issue unless I sent very small steps. I guess there is a latency between the robot executes MoveL and the robot really moves.

Best regards,
    Ran