RobotStudio event

Debugging RobotStudio add-ins

Options
steve.f.simpson
edited April 2020 in Developer Tools

Hi

I am new to RobotStudio add-in development. I don't see any way to run an add-in in debugging mode. You compile it and load and run it in RobotStudio with no povisions for debugging. Any ideas on this?

Post edited by Maxim Riabichev on

Comments

• DiegoVilac
    Options
    Hello Steve,

You should go to VIsual Studio and Attach to process. Pick RobotStudioProcess and you will be able to debug your code.
  • Ekelund
    Options

Another way would be to right-click on your add-in project in Visual Studio, select Properties, then go to the Debug tab. Under 'Start Action', select 'Start external program' and browse to the RobotStudio executable.

Now you can work just as if you debugged your own executable (pressing F5 will start RS under the debugger)

Anders Ekelund
    Architect, RobotStudio
    ABB
  • John Wiberg
    Options

If you are local admin and willing to run Visual Studio as Administrator the easiest way is to put in a post-build Xcopy of the files and then add RobotStudio as the Start Program, like Ekelund outlined above. (Its in the manual as well but could be easier to find http://developercenter.robotstudio.com:80/Index.aspx?DevCenter=RobotStudio&OpenDocument&Url=html/08a465af-bdcc-4f65-a647-764c14005d00.htm).

Check out the attached sample and its readme for that type of solution. (Íts 5.60 haven't had time to update it to 5.61 yet).

I have one Shortcut to run Visual Studio normally and another shortcut to run as administrator. You could also create a way to start a specific solution as administrator, etc etc. (See here for examples on how to do it).

• DiegoVilac
    Options
    What I do sometimes also regarding this "administrator" issues is using in my postbuild events commands such as :

"attrib -R $(SolutionDir)Public\PublicUI\Bin\mydll."
    (...)
    attrib +R $(SolutionDir)Public\PublicUI\Bin\mydll.

•  Hello Everyone! I want to drive external axis created by me. After creating system, I go through External axis wizard add-in. But in the end I came, face to face with the attached picture attaced
  • Johannes Weiman
    Options
    Hi,
    Looks like you are using an older version of External Axis Wizard. Make sure to install the matching version (6.04) from RobotApps.

Regards,
    Johannes
    Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    RobotStudio Team, ABB Robotics