RobotStudio event

Security update for Windows 10 causes problems for RobotStudio

Henrik Berlin
Henrik Berlin ✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in RobotStudio
A recent security update* for Windows 10 causes the robot controller communication to fail. Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming security update for Windows. Meanwhile, ABB will provide a update of RobotStudio 6.06.01 that will fix the issue. The plan is to make it available on January 12th.

A workaround is to manually uninstall the update. (Any of KB4056892, KB4056891, KB4056890, KB4056888, KB4056893. The updates contain the same fix but for different versions/builds of Windows 10.)

Henrik Berlin
ABB
Post edited by Johannes Weiman on

Comments

• Thanks Henrik
    I had those problems for RobotStudio. I uninstalled last windows 10 update and it works well now.
    Best regards

• Thanks for the hint! Got it back working as well after uninstalling the mentioned fix.
  • Thank you so much for this!
    I have been having issues with connecting Virtual Controllers and taking backups of them for a few days now and tried Repairing the program and Re-installing it several times in an attempt to alleviate the issue but nothing worked.
    I tried your solution and it has worked straight away so I have passed this information on to other members of my department and our IT dep
  • Henrik Berlin
    Henrik Berlin ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Perfect. RobotStudio is working well again.
  • I've tried this solution and it does not work for me and my colleague.
    When I create a new solution and new target is added it ends with Python error.
    errors are exported here: https://1drv.ms/b/s!Aq3njGR66Z9pgstycmfnXAeFU9eplQ

• We began having those problems yesterday. We'll try to uninstall RS completely and install it again with 6.06.01. Hope it helps. In case not, we'll give a try to uninstall last Windows 10 update. Thx a lot!! 
  • Confirmed. 6.06.01 SP1 fixes the problem.
  • I have found that version 6.06.01 SP1 fixes the issue with not being able to connect to the controllers which is great. However, if I have taken a backup of a system, then made a change and tried then to create a new backup, overwriting the first one, I am given this error: "Backup Failed. Access to the path 'psc_irobot_1.sxml' is denied".
    has anyone else had this issue?
  • Henrik Berlin
    Henrik Berlin ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Hello Kain, 

This is by design for controllers with SafeMove and EPS. For such systems, the safety configuration files of a backup (.sxml) are read-only. The reason is to prevent the safety configuration files from being accidentally overwritten.
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Hi everyone!

I've been having this problem when running a generic controller in RobotStudio 5.61 version. In my case, I have Windows 8.1 operative system, but I've read on the internet that these security updates have been instaled in Windows 8.1 as well. Does anyone knows what's the name or code for these updates for Windows 8.1??

Thank you so much for your help!!
  • Hi everyone!

I've been having this problem when running a generic controller in RobotStudio 5.61 version. In my case, I have Windows 8.1 operative system, but I've read on the internet that these security updates have been instaled in Windows 8.1 as well. Does anyone knows what's the name or code for these updates for Windows 8.1??

Thank you so much for your help
  • The security updates again made the communication problem with the controller. I uninistalled the recent Windows update and RobotStudio is working!