RobotStudio event

Schedule backup

Hi !

I setuped a system input to do a backup on a remote FTP. I also have a system output that match the InBackup state.

I'm looking for a way  to make backup on a scheduled basis.

My robot did'nt have multi-task.

My MAIN routine run in loop so I think i can compare a gettime and a getdate value with a recorded timestamp of my last backup to check if a new one is needed.

But using this way I can have some issue if the robot is stopped.  There is any scheduling option on a IRC5 robot ?

Thanks !
Tagged:

Comments

• soup
    soup ✭✭✭
    Seems like you have the right idea.

Backup no more than once a day -- check the GetTime(\WDay) against a saved GetTime(\WDay) value from the last time a backup was made?

PROC BackupNow()
        IF GetTime(\WDay) <> DayOfLastBackup THEN
           DayOfLastBackup:=GetTime(\WDay);
           PulseDO Backup;
        ENDIF
    ENDPROC

• Thanks,  The backup function is only on System Input.  There is a function like PulseDO but for simulate an input ?
  • soup
    soup ✭✭✭
    Make a virtual digital output, tie that digital output to the "Backup" System Input with the location info, etc., then PulseDO the virtual digital output in RAPID.

• Thanks, My backup work well on a FTP.

I have a maybe a more tricky question,  I have one robot that did'nt have the built-in FTP option. For this one the backup is made on his own disk but I need one file to be transfered on our network for our dataloging. Does there is an app or an easy way to make a file transfert from the PC side without any human intervention ?

I supposed it may also be a solution to use a Socket communication to transfert the file ?
  • soup
    soup ✭✭✭
    Not sure socket messaging would work sending a complete file. I've only heard of it being used to send strings at a time.

You could probably rig something if you dedicated a local PC to sit next to the controller and have the the computer connect, get, and write that file to a server.

If it was me, I'd contact ABB and get a quote for a new keystring that includes the FTP option. Probably cost $1000, but better than attempting to create a work-around.