RobotStudio event

External Axis Wizard - Fatal Error

Hello,
I am beginner with ABB RS (6.06). I have a problem when I want to use the External Axis Wizard (6.04). See the attached picture.

Can somebody help me, please?

Comments

• Try it with RS 6.04.
    Lee Justice
  • It sound good, but where i can download 6.06?
    Here is only 6.06: http://new.abb.com/products/robotics/robotstudio/downloads
  • It probably has not been updated yet to 6.06, that Is why I suggested using RS 6.04.  If you click on the ADDINS tab in RS, you can see all the Addins available.  Also, were you running 32 or 64 bit version?  It might be that the 64 bit version has a problem with it.
    Lee Justice
  • The new version of the External Axis Wizard for 6.06 is finally available on RobotApps

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Ou, thank you, now it's working ;-)...
  • Hello all

I have two questions regarding External Axis Wizard (EAW):

Q1: 
    As far as I understand, the latest versions of RS already include Additional Drive Units per each new Robot system.
    Even if I want to add more, it doesn't seem to be possible (see pic_1).
    Starting from an empty station and using EAW with a simple positioner from the library and a standard robot system, RS still crashes with a fatal error (pic_2).
    Any ideas why?

Q2:
    I have a system with 5 Mechanisms: One Robot (6 axis), one track (1 axis), two positioners (2 axis each) and a crane (2 axis).
    They all work fine when controlled by Smart Components and Station Logic.
    Why is it that I cannot see them in the EAW window? (pic_3).

I am using RS 6.07 (64b) and EAW 6.6.7701.1025

Thanks in advance for any comments.
    Regards, Rui
  • Rui, could you check your inbox please? Thanks a lot. I will be waiting for your reply :smile: