RobotStudio event

SafeMove2 GSD file error

londoneye
londoneye
edited October 2016 in Robot Controller
Hi

We have a new robot wich is equipped with the new SafeMove2 option working through ProfiSAFE.

I have a problem with the GSDML file (GSDML-V2.2-ABB-Robotics-PNSW-Device-20160218.xml, wich comes included with the RobotWare_Tools_And_Utilities_6.03.02 package from the web site. I can import it without problem inside STEP 7 (v5.5+sp3+hf5). I can add the module to the profinet network without problem. I can add regular IO without problem. The problem comes when I try to add SDI or SDO. Both give me CRC error

CRC error in parameter description CRC (0x12a6)!

So I cannot compile the project and therefore I cannot add this robot to my PLC.

Has anyone experienced such problem?

Thank you

Comments

• Hey,

Have you found a solution to this problem? I have exactly the same issue, only the GSD I have is "newer" (GSDML-V2.33-ABB Robotics-Robot Device-20171011). I tried to modify the GSD, to no avail. If you have solved this problem (this post is from 2016 so it is been a while) could I ask for your council?

I have contacted ABB and they say the GSD is fine and delegated the problem to SIEMENS. I am still waiting for SIEMEN'S answer. The funniest thing is that when I tried the GSD in TIA PORTAL V14 it worked...

Thanks in advance.
  • londoneye said:
    Hi

We have a new robot wich is equipped with the new SafeMove2 option working through ProfiSAFE.

I have a problem with the GSDML file (GSDML-V2.2-ABB-Robotics-PNSW-Device-20160218.xml, wich comes included with the RobotWare_Tools_And_Utilities_6.03.02 package from the web site. I can import it without problem inside STEP 7 (v5.5+sp3+hf5). I can add the module to the profinet network without problem. I can add regular IO without problem. The problem comes when I try to add SDI or SDO. Both give me CRC error

CRC error in parameter description CRC (0x12a6)!

So I cannot compile the project and therefore I cannot add this robot to my PLC.

Has anyone experienced such problem?

Thank you

Hey,

Have you found a solution to this problem? I have exactly the same issue, only the GSD I have is "newer" (GSDML-V2.33-ABB Robotics-Robot Device-20171011). I tried to modify the GSD, to no avail. If you have solved this problem (this post is from 2016 so it is been a while) could I ask for your council?

I have contacted ABB and they say the GSD is fine and delegated the problem to SIEMENS. I am still waiting for SIEMEN'S answer. The funniest thing is that when I tried the GSD in TIA PORTAL V14 it worked...

Thanks in advance.
  • Hey,

Thanks in advance.
  • Hey,

Thanks in advance.
  • Hey,

Thanks in advance.