RobotStudio event

Gripping with targetPos

Options
Hi everyone,

I have just started using a YuMi robot with a smart gripper (SG-440). I have problems with the g_GripIn command in RAPID. I need to set the gripping position precisely on a flexible workpiece. I should squeeze it a bit in order to grip properly. I try to set the position with targetPos argument, but the gripper ignores it completely. Only the holdForce has an effect on it, so now the gripper is closing until the force is reached (or close completely). About 4-5N the gripping is more or less okay, but I don't want to play with the force (not reliable), I want to set the position.
The g_MoveTo method works so the calibration is okay. But as far as I know, I can't apply force with it. (The gripper stops and releases when the workpiece is reached.)
Details: IRB14000 Gripper Software v3.53 and RobotWare 6.06

Thank you for your time!

Answers

• Fredi
    Options
    Hi, 

Although long ago... have you tried a combination of all of what you mentioned? Thus, target position and grip force and some allowance? 
    e.g. g_GripIn \holdForce:=5 \targetPos:=4 \posAlowance:=1;

Cheers!
  • Oyaki
    Options
    Hi,
    The targetPos in G_gripIn is only used  for checking the object is hold or not, so the gripper move to 0 with no object.
    I was also wondering grip a soft object but could not find how to stop and lock the gripper in targetPos...