RobotStudio event

Physical FlexPendant and RobotStudio

Hello,

Is it possible to connect a physical FlexPendant to my PC with Robotstudio to control a virtual robot with it?

Any solution for this task?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Hello,

There's no way to connect a FlexPendant to a PC at this time.

Out of curiosity, why would you need such a feature for?

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer
  • We also have thought of doing this for training.

While the virtual FlexPendant is good it would be better/more realistic to be able to use a real FlexPendant.

I presume an adapter box would be needed to break out the ethernet connection and supply 24 VDC to the FlexPendant...

• I would like to try it for training. 

I just want to make training more realistic in situations when no access to any real robot. Plus we can use VR also. This combination should be much more exciting and effective. 
    At least in my opinion.  

FANUC, for example have some PC-Kits for this.

Don`t sure about KUKA yet.

• I removed your duplicate message. There is supposed to be a cog wheel on the right of the post, below the time of the post. Click it and choose remove.

I've moved this thread to the upfeed section of the forums, as a suggestion.

Maxim Riabichev
  • Hi, I have similar question like virge. Task is to upgrade basic robot training by using RSO. Thanks
  • Is there any update or current plan to develop this capability?

• Maxim Riabichev
    edited September 2022
    Hello,

I've spoken to RobotStudio R&D and they've said that there's an on-going project (developed by another team in ABB) to make this functionality a reality in the near future.

That is all the information I have at this time.

Maxim Riabichev
  • Maxim Riabichev
    edited November 2022
    Hello everyone,

I've received more information regarding this project and it turns out that the item developed will only be available internally within ABB.

You could contact your local ABB (via https://new.abb.com/contact-centers) and forward your request for this item so that ABB perhaps decides to make a product out of this item (make it externally available as well).

Maxim Riabichev
  • This would be great robot education!
    -----------------
    David
    Swedish freelance ABB robot programmer