RobotStudio event

Conveyors - Random object placement ... Is it possible

Hi there, 

Newbie to RobotStudio here, 

I have a question regarding a Conveyor implementation I am hoping to construct in RobotStudio as apart of my studies. 

Trawling through current examples. Most conveyors I have seen (either in tutorials or case studies) have had a single object appear at a single position and a constant time interval along a given conveyor. 

What I would like to have is a Conveyor that has different objects appear  at different positions along the width of the conveyor and in random time intervals. 

I am wondering if someone might be able to point me in the right direction as to whether this might be possible, or where one might look to determine how to do this?

Best Regards,

Brian. 

Comments

• Hello,
    Found this old topic, any ideas how to accomplish it? 
    I'd like to build a simulation that generates objects on a conveyor. Every object is randomly offset on y-axis.
    Then i'd like to pick these up with a delta robot.
    I'm very new to industrial robots and Robotstudio and i seem to be stuck on this.
    I did find a way to generate objects moving on a path.(not linked to a conveyor).  I was able to feed the position to RAPID as a variable but got stuck on how to move the robot with the speed of the "conveyor". 
    Any ideas are welcome!

Cheers,
    Harry
  • There is a "RandomSource" addin on the robotapps page, it might be what you need.  However, it is a bit older so compatibility with newer RS might be an issue.
    Lee Justice
  • lemster68 said:
    There is a "RandomSource" addin on the robotapps page, it might be what you need.  However, it is a bit older so compatibility with newer RS might be an issue.
    Hi,
    Thank you.
    Found the component but it does the same thing as my own component.
    I cant figure out on how to get the robot to pick up a moving object that has a known position and speed. How to code this in rapid? 
    I think I'll start a new topic with with more specific questions.

Cheers,
    Harry
  • Does your setup include conveyor tracking?
    Lee Justice
  • Yes, it includes conveyor tracking.
    The thing is that the built-in option for creating a conveyor doesn't seem to allow the source object to be moved(placed at different positions on conveyor).
    I'd like to make objects appear at different positions along the width of the conveyor. Then i'd like to connect to these objects with a delta robot and place them to a worktable.
    Any ideas?
    If you have any questions then i'll be happy to answer. 

Cheers,
    Harry

• Those are things that I haven't done before, sorry.
    Lee Justice