RobotStudio event

Pack&Go .NET exception.. license

Hello everyone,
I have recently received this message when I save and open Pack & Go files on my PC. I do not know what to do to fix the error, as everyone who receives my Pack & Go file gets the same or similar error messages. Even on the same computer as the file is generated on!
I'm using RobotStudio 6.07 on a Windows 10 64 bit. It should be mentioned that I am using a license from my university and that RobotStudio otherwise does not mention problems with the license.
I really hope someone can help me, Pack & Go is a feature that is a deal breaker for my project

Best regards
Manuel

RobotStudio .NET exception: Not a valid license file, license file extension shall be rlf
============================================
Base exception: ArgumentException
Not a valid license file, license file extension shall be rlf
   at Babel.Stub.Msil..(Int32 , Object , Object[] )
   at LicenseManager.LicenseReader.ReadLicense(String licenseFilePath)
   at ABB.Robotics.RIM.LicenseInformation..ctor(String licenseFilePath)
   at RobotStudio.Services.Systems.SystemBuilder.SystemBuilderGandalf.AddLicensesFromBackup(String backupPath, ControllerSystem controllerSystem)
   at RobotStudio.Services.Systems.SystemBuilder.SystemBuilderGandalf.<CreateSystemFromBackupAsync>d__15.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at ABBInternal.StationManagement.PackAndGoService.<CreateSystem>d__22.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at ABBInternal.StationManagement.PackAndGoService.<UnpackAndWork>d__19.MoveNext()
ParamName:

Comments

• DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    Hello,
    Is your licence valid in File - Options - Licensing - View installed licenses.. ?
  • Yes, all is ok.. 
  • manuelk
    manuelk
    edited July 2018
    Is there not anyone who has an idea about solving the problem? I have to say that I'm annoyed of Robotstudio (6.07.01), I spend more time solving problems caused by Robotstudio than just using it as intended.
  • Hi, 
    Please contact your local ABB office for support with this problem.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Did you find what was causing this issue? I am running into the same issue.

Thanks,

Marcus
  • The problem is not the RobotStudio license, but rather the license file that is required to create a (virtual) controller system.
    From the message it looks like the backup in the .rspag contains unexpected files in the BACKINFO\license folder. What RobotWare version are you using?
    Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    RobotStudio Team, ABB Robotics