RobotStudio event

Install and configure DSQC 336 ethernet board in S4C

Hi, we have an ABB IRB 6400 Robot with an S4C controller. The controller has an "Interbus DSQC 344" board, which we want to extract to place a DSQC 336 ethernet board.

The problem arises when we extract the module DSQC 344, the robot accuses an error, so we must replace this plate.

When we place the ethernet board DSQC 336, the same thing happens, the robot accuses error and can not start.

What should I do to properly operate the DSQC 336 ethernet board? I do not have another free slot.

Thank you

Pablo Figueredo

Comments

• graemepaulin
    edited December 2018

Have you updated the license for the system to include the new communications option?

You will need to reload the system with the changed options.

• No, I have not updated the license. should I install an operating system that includes the drivers for this board? How do I get the installation diskettes? Thank you
  • graemepaulin
    edited January 2019

You will have to contact your local ABB to purchase an updated key disk.

However as the S4C controller is officially obsolete I am not sure if key modifications are available.

• Hi, thank you for you answer. ABB local does not give me technical support, because that driver is obsolete. Do you have any solution in mind?
  • What is the serial number of your system?

I will ask the factory support team if it is possible for them to supply a modified key for this old system..

If it proves to be possible it would then be up to your local ABB to process the order.

• Hi, thank you for you answer. ABB local does not give me technical support, because that driver is obsolete. Do you have any solution in mind?
  • If I can confirm the factory after sales team are able to supply the modified key then your local team should process the order as normal?