RobotStudio event

PC Hangs when restarting VC in RS4

hi

Is anyone experiencing problems when restarting Virtual controllers in RobotStudio 4. My PC locks up and even CTRL+ALT+DEL will not work.

I also get this error when starting a default controller

File:D:integr
el4_0.xxiofclasslibeioeio.c

Line2036

Status==OK

please help! image

Comments

• Still happening !!!

Total PC lockup, when restarting controller from TPU or from robots context menu in station browser.

not good !!!

• Still happening even when station is closed and controller is running!!!

WHY!!!

• Hi Sturner,

I recommend that you reinstall RS (uninstall RS first). Make also sure that you don't have any AntiSpyware program running.

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • unistalled and reinstalled twice... back to version 3.2 and now I get this error on starting the product

The procedure Entry Point ?ASICExceptionCHECK@@YAXPBD@Zcould not be located in dynamic link library spa.ASIC.dll

What next

• That could be caused by an incomplete uninstallation. Please make sure the installation directory (e.g. C:Program FilesABB RoboticsRobotStudio) is empty before you reinstall the product.
    If you revert to an earlier version you should also uninstall RobInstall before reinstalling RS.

regards,
    Johannes

Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics
  • completely unistalled everything and reistalled studio successfully but still get PC hanging when controller shuts down or restarted...

this has only started happening this week on my T43p.

• A colleague of mine is now suffering with the same PC lockup problem as me. This only happens when connected to the network. I note that we have both configured the 'IBM ThinkVantage Access connections'. is this to blame?