RobotStudio event

Manipulate set of pieces

Hi, I'm doing a simulation with RobotStudio. The simulation is based on assembling the pieces of a set, so the robot must be taking piece by piece and joining them together. First of all I can place each piece in the corresponding place so that the whole set is formed, but once everything is in place, I proceed to the robotic arm take the whole set of pieces, but only take one.

What I want to know is how do I make the robot take the set of pieces as if it were all assembled and not just take one of the pieces

Thank you

Best greeting

Comments

• How are you attaching the pieces to robot via a smart component or event manager?

The approach would be different for each, but in summary you need to attach all of the pieces to the robot (not the nearest piece for instance).

You would have to either have a I/O signal for each piece (event manager) or with smart component may be have sensors that could be activated to sense each of the pieces in the completed set and attach them.

• Anders S
    Anders S mod
    edited January 2019
    Hi, First of all I recommend that you use Smart Components instead of the Event Manager. 
    Then I recommend that you put the assembled pieces in a Component Group with help of the SmartComponent "SetParent" after it has been detached. 
    Then when you should attach the whole set of pieces to the robot, use a sensor that detects one object in the Component Group, and with help of the SmartComponent "GetParent" bind the Component Group to the Attacher - Child.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Thanks @graemepaulin for your answer!  

I'm attaching the pieces to robot via a smart component.  I'm going to try to do what you told me to see if I get it. Thanks for the help!!!
  • Ok, thanks @Anders S!! I'm going to try to do what you told me to see if I get it. Thanks for the help!!!!