RobotStudio event

Best Laptop for RS 5

Hi

Is anyone using the IBM T60p laptop, to run RobotStudio 5.07.01. Whats it like when running programs from the FlexPendant.

My IBM T43p is struggling to cope, once pendant is diplayed !!!

Thanks in advance for any info you have.

Comments

• Hi,

A laptop with a dual core processor is definitely a good choice because of the multiple processes and threads involved in a RobotStudio simulation. Also make sure you have at least 1GB of memory, preferably 2GB if you use large CAD models.

We have generally had less problems with nVidia graphics than with ATI, but the FireGL in T60p should be fine I think.

regards,
    Johannes

Johannes Weiman2006-10-13 16:41:2
    Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics
  • Sorry, I forgot about an important point here.. There is a limitation in RobotWare 5.07 and below that makes it more or less incompatible with dual core systems. A Virtual Controller based on these RobotWare releases is likely to hang on startup on dual core systems. This will be resolved in RobotWare 5.08.

Depending on computer, it is often possible to disable dual core though (discussed here). I recommend you verify that this possibility exists before purchasing a dual core laptop.

Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics
  • Thanks for the information.

When will RobotWare and RobotStudio 5.08 get launched to customers?

• I've got Dell Latitude D820 Duo with 2GB memory and I can not use both cores because the RS5.07.1834.1023 can not start. I use only one core. Where is the problem? May I solve it anyway?

Thanks