RobotStudio event

Can able to set output using manual in IO module?

Hi to everyone
 actually we can set IO module output from robot program. But can we set output by using manual switch?? In IO module!! 
Anyone help me out..
If able to set output by using manual switch means explain pls how to set?

Thanks in advance
Santhosh M

Comments

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    You can force an output on in your inputs/outputs screen.
    Lee Justice
  • lemster68 said:
    You can force an output on in your inputs/outputs screen.
    Ya we can force output.. But can able to set using manual buttons??
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Programmable keys, yes.
    Lee Justice
  • soup
    soup ✭✭✭
    You have to manually set the button functions from the pendant. Search "programmable keys" in the "IRC5 with FlexPendant" manual for details.

• santhosh
    santhosh
    edited April 2019
    soup said:
    You have to manually set the button functions from the pendant. Search "programmable keys" in the "IRC5 with FlexPendant" manual for details.

sir i don't want to operate from the pendant. i just want to control IO module from separate panel and i am not going to PLC also. i am going to use just robot and IRC5 controller and IO module. And i am going to use separate panel for control IO module from manual switches. if i on switch 1 output 1 should set.  Is it possible  to control output from manual switches?
    i shown the switch images below.

Thanks and regards
    santhosh M 

• You will have wire the switch into an input on the I/O module and then cross connect that to set the required output - though I am not sure why you would not wire the switch output directly to what ever you are trying to control.
  • soup
    soup ✭✭✭
    Yes, you can wire a button directly to the controller. Start by reading the manual. Also check out other threads on the topic, like: https://forums.robotstudio.com/discussion/comment/26043

• santhosh
    santhosh
    edited April 2019
    soup said:
    Yes, you can wire a button directly to the controller. Start by reading the manual. Also check out other threads on the topic, like: https://forums.robotstudio.com/discussion/comment/26043

thanks a lot sir.
     And i have another doubt also. can i able to control IO with both manual switches and from controller?
    when i switch on the manual switch IO  should set and if i give force output from the controller(pendant) also IO should set... is it's possible? can able to do like this?

thanks in advance
    santhosh M
  • soup
    soup ✭✭✭
    You could probably rewire the manual switch into something safety-rated to be allowed to make that switch, but it's definitely not recommended and I've never seen it done.

Check out the available "system signals" in the manual -- for example, you can create a normal signal off the button then tie it to one of the available system inputs.

Backup.
    Collision Avoidance.
    Disable Backup.
    Enable Energy Saving.
    Interrupt.
    Limit Speed.
    Load.
    Load and Start.
    Motors Off.
    Motors On.
    Motors On and Start.
    PP to Main.
    Quick Stop.
    Reset Emergency Stop.
    Reset Execution Error Signal.
    SimMode.
    Soft Stop.
    Start.
    Start at Main.
    Stop.
    Stop at End of Cycle.
    Stop at End of Instruction.
    System Restart.
    Write Access.

To find details on each one of these, and the available "system outputs", open the "Technical reference manual: System Parameters", click on the "Contents" tab, then "Topic I/O System", and read the "Type System Input:" and "Type System Output" section.

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    If you must have an output coming from the switch or the robot controller you should wire it to another IO point to which it is destined.  There are only two ways I can think of to do as you are asking:  1.  Like Graeme suggested, wire to a robot input which is cross connected to the robot output (not bad).  2.  Wire it to the same robot output wire, but it will back feed 24v to the robot output (bad).
    Lee Justice