RobotStudio event

RobotStudio can't find correct RobotWare

DavidR
DavidR
edited January 2017 in UpFeed
This happens (see image below) when I try to create system from backup. If correct RobotWare is selected from the beginning, everything works but if too new is selected there is no way to select the correct one.
/David

Comments

• FYI:
    RobotStudio 6.04.01.
    /David
  • Hello
    This solved in the 6.05 release.
    /Pavel
  • Hi,

I have the similar trouble with RobotStudio 6.08.01 (64-bit). Robotware 5.14 won't found related systems (look pictures please)..... only RS works with RW 5.61 or earlier.

Would I can I do????? 

bugRSRW1.jpg
    bugRSRW2.jpg

Best regards.

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Use robotstudio 5.61 or 5.15
    Lee Justice
  • Hi lemster68,

First of all thanks for your answer, but ABB needs to improve that kind of issue, I worked with RS 6.06 and RW 5.14 is compatible. It is like last version ever has bugs, the problem is the restricted older version to download.

only for clarify, I can't use "robotstudio 5.61 or 5.15", because are very old, I thing you wanted to mention about RobotWare. There are a lot of difference between RW and RS.

Best regards. 
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    You are welcome, I forgot one thing...Are you using installation manager or system builder?
    Lee Justice
  • Hi,
    The support for building systems with RW 5.x is somewhat limited in later releases of RobotStudio 6.x. See this post for reference:
    https://forums.robotstudio.com/discussion/comment/28283/#Comment_28283

Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    RobotStudio Team, ABB Robotics
  • Hi,

Thanks for yours replies.

I had to download and install previous version of RobotStudio, allowing the compatibility with RW 5.14. Last RobotStudio version won't work with that RW version. Issue needs to be improved by ABB robotics.

Best regards.
  • I have Robot studio 6.05.02. whenever I create  a system for 2400L from the back up of the robot, i get the installation done successfully dialogue but then after restarting I don't find the system under the tab select system. Now if I create the system by entering the keys it gets installed and I can select the system. I have tried after B-Start and C-Start as well. Nothing works. If someone can guide in this regard would be of great help.
  • What version of RobotWare are you trying to use to create the system?

The IRB2400L is only supported in RW 5.xx, as it was dropped from the robot range before RW 6.xx