RobotStudio event

[Wish] RS Format Document & Adjust Case Like Real Controller

Options
DenisFR
DenisFR ✭✭✭
Hello,
When using Format Document or Adjust Case in RobotStudio, it makes a lot of change if you edit your program on real controller before.
Real:
RS:

Real:
RS:

Comments

• Johannes Weiman
    Options
    Added to backlog!
    Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    RobotStudio Team, ABB Robotics
  • SomeTekk
    Options
    — BUMP — 
    Maxim - 

Is there an update that may be shared on this request?

It would be extra specially nice if RS had an option for using RS formatting or control formatting.

• Maxim Riabichev
    Options
    Hello SomeTekk,

I see you went and did some digging?

Can you provide a clear description (with screenshots where possible) of how things are today vs. how things should be in a not-so-distant utopian future?

Then I'll run it by R&D.

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer
  • SomeTekk
    Options
    I would if I was able to paste screenshots in the message box, unfortunately the only option available is to link an image.

For the most part DenisFR captured the essence of what I am hoping for with the first post.

Whitespaces are prepended to the arguments in (some/all?) instructions when composed on the controller. Whitespaces are deleted when Format Document is clicked and eventually updated on the controller.

A "controller entry mode" would be nice where RS uses the entry syntax present in the controller. Perhaps in the Format drop down a selection for control style syntax emulation formatting could be used. I am am a heavy user of Format in RS and in this facility there are a number of techs that gripe about differences, being able to format like the controller might quell the griping — slightly.

Hope this helps.

• Maxim Riabichev
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I fail to see why there would be a need for a different formatting in RS compared to the controller? Wouldn't it be better if RS followed the same formatting as the controller?
    Post edited by Maxim Riabichev on

Maxim Riabichev
  • SomeTekk
    Options
    Yes. If only one format can exist, then RS formatting as the controller creates its format would be sufficient. 
  • Maxim Riabichev
    Options
    Alright, I'll see what I can do.

Maxim Riabichev
  • Hello there,

R&D has decided to focus on other more issues issues and thus will not adjust the formatting of RAPID code in RobotStudio (basically it's a question of allocating limited resources to issues with higher priority).

Maxim Riabichev