RobotStudio event

Avoid tool collision with robot

Hello,

We have an IRB 4600 with a rather large tool formed like a cross from the sixth axis, this robot picks objects with the help of vision and we've had the problem that the tool collides with the robots fourth axis in certain rotations.

Is there any software solutions for this?

The robot has SafeMove Pro so we can define the tool's geometry, but can we use this geometry to check when we get too close to the robot or do we need to make the work area better mechanically by raising the robot?

Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• Hello,
    You can have a look at my SmartComponent:
    This is a RobotStudio Smart Component to draw graphics defined in RAPID code.
    You can find in modGfxShapeData.sys some definitions to calculate collision with these data.
    In MainModule.mod, you have an example how to use it.
    Only add these two modules in your controller, then create a component linked to GfxShapeData.

• Johannes Weiman
    edited November 2018
    Hi,

RobotWare 6.08 introduces Collision Avoidance (included with the Collision Detection option) which can stop the program before a collision occurs.
    Here is a short introduction/tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvYXl_WDvs4

Regards,
    Johannes
    Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    RobotStudio Team, ABB Robotics
  • Hello,
    Nice job.
    But is it possible to simulate this before robot start to move?
    Imagine a robot doing bin-picking. the position is get from external device.
    Can the robot simulate the trajectory to know if it can be done without collision before starting to move?
  • But is it possible to simulate this before robot start to move?
    I don't think so, unless there is some way to execute the program (including motion planner which performs collision prediction) without actually moving the robot.

Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    RobotStudio Team, ABB Robotics
  • I see NonMotionMode() function who returns state, but nothing to set this mode.
    And, acting like this, you have to wait real trajectory time cycle...
  • Control Panel, Supervision, Non Motion Execution, select ON.  Simulated Motion!
    Lee Justice
  • Yes, I know. But I want to test it with a running program.
    The robot received target, test it with that feature and go to position if no collision, else ask for a new solution.
    It can't be switch by operator at each time...
  • DenisFR said:
    Hello,
    You can have a look at my SmartComponent:
    This is a RobotStudio Smart Component to draw graphics defined in RAPID code.
    You can find in modGfxShapeData.sys some definitions to calculate collision with these data.
    In MainModule.mod, you have an example how to use it.
    Only add these two modules in your controller, then create a component linked to GfxShapeData.

This is exactly what I'm looking for, thanks!
  • Hi,

RobotWare 6.08 introduces Collision Avoidance (included with the Collision Detection option) which can stop the program before a collision occurs.
    Here is a short introduction/tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvYXl_WDvs4

Regards,
    Johannes
    Can this RobotWare be downloaded yet? My new robot came with RS/RW 5.61.05 disks (this is a new robot, but was probably a special order that sat in a warehouse for a while), and I already have 6.06 installed and licensed.
    Then I see that RS & RW 6.08 is available, and I download it only to find that there is no RW 6.08 included in the download, despite the misleading title.

I cannot find any other information about RW 6.08 on the site, so far. As a fairly new user of ABB (on my second robot integration project), I find that the ABB site is incredibly infuriating to attempt to use. :(

Alternately, I assume I'm fine with the current RS links to RW 6.06 and 5.x mediapools?
    - Jay
  • Can a zone be a "non-collision" area, where you set an output or a dual-channel safety output, so that you know that the robot is in a 'safe' area, or even just use it for the programming logic knowing that the robot tooling is within a specific zone?
    - Jay
  • Did you install the package?  I installed RS and the RW took care of itself.  Otherwise, click on the Add_Ins tab, and look for RW 6.08.
    Lee Justice
  • It did install RW 6.08.
    I was looking for some sign on my harddrive that it was installed, such as updated files in the older mediapool and couldn't see anything. But it installed somewhere, and is present and available to RS 6.08.

Thanks.
    - Jay
  • MikeEd
    MikeEd
    edited December 2018
    Just to confirm...

On a multimove system, the two+ robots will need to be calibrated to each other?  (I can't find any detailed documentation, to make that statement at 100%, rather than 99%)

• We are 3d printing a shape and like to avoid collision with it while it is growing. Is it supported somehow?