RobotStudio event

External Axis Wizard 6.08.01 and robotStudio2019 not working

kschmid
kschmid
edited June 2019 in RobotStudio
 I tried to install external Axis Wizard 6.08.01 in robotStudio2019 and it is not working
 (neither automatic install nor manually).
The versioning probably already indicactes that  are there any plans for Axis Wizard2019?
Thanks for your help

Comments

• kschmid
    kschmid
    edited June 2019
    Just realized my license is 2019 only so more urgent for me. Is there a time line for an update or a current workaround?
  • We're facing the same issue. Our 6.08 license expired a couple of weeks ago and now we've upgraded to 2019. And we have a project that relies on external axes.
  • Johannes Weiman
    edited July 2019
    Hi,
    See attachment for a rspak that can be installed in RS 2019. Unzip the file and install by using "Install Package" from the Add-Ins tab.
    Note that this is the same binary as External Axis Wizard 6.08.01, just repackaged to allow loading in RS 2019. Let me know if there is any problem.
    Post edited by Johannes Weiman on
    Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    RobotStudio Team, ABB Robotics
  • BC_TN
    BC_TN
    edited July 2019
    Johannes,
    I get the following error after uninstalling the 6.08.01 wizard and adding the 2019 wizard.

• Will need some more work then :)
    Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
  • kschmid
    kschmid
    edited July 2019
    I tried and got the same error but installing it also seem to affect my external axis for old working robotstudio...
    Fixable but better dont try if you dont have to
    Post edited by kschmid on
  • See attachment for an updated version.
    Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
  • This looks better, I do some more testing
  • all good so far, thanks again
  • kschmid said:
     I tried to install external Axis Wizard 6.08.01 in robotStudio2019 and it is not working
     (neither automatic install nor manually).
    The versioning probably already indicactes that  are there any plans for Axis Wizard2019?
    Thanks for your help

"Hello, I am using RobotStudio 6.08. Could you please provide me with the External Axis Wizard 6.08 file? I tried downloading it in Robot App, but it's no longer available. Thank you