RobotStudio event

Robot Go Home Method

Dear all,

I have a question. For example, Robot Axis 6 is rotate from Home position 0 deg to 270 deg clockwise, and now if i already have a command to rotate it back home position.
Will axis 6 rotate counter clockwise (-270 deg) back to home? or the servo itself will find the fastest route to turn to robtarget. Anybody know do we have this setting?

I used to play stepper before. Normally there is a setting to do return origin position. 1. through fastest route. 2. always rotate counter-clockwise or always clockwise to search home pos. 3. Return home along original path. 

Comments

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Make your Home position motion MoveAbsJ, the jointtarget is specified in joint angles so it must unwind to 0 degrees.
    Lee Justice
  • I dosen't matter if you have the home position as a Robtarget or as a jointtarget, the robot goes to the correct position. Normally on an ABB robot, axis 6 can go to + and - 400 degrees, but, even tho it looks the same, 0 and 360 degrees isn't considered to be the same position in a robtarget due to the axis configuration of the target. If the axisconfig is correct then you can use a robtarget and MoveJ to move home, just be sure it dosen't collide with itself.

/erik
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    It does matter with the linear motion, it can trigger an axis configuration error.
    Lee Justice
  • DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    Hello,
    With RobTarget, you can use MoveJ but have to set ConfJ\On.
  • DenisFR said:
    Hello,
    With RobTarget, you can use MoveJ but have to set ConfJ\On.
    ConfJ is on by default. If ConfJ\Off hasn't been used prior to the movement, there is no need to use it.