RobotStudio event

Load diagrams interpretation

eKoh
eKoh
edited July 2019 in Robot Controller
Hello guys! (I am not sure where to post this but here it goes).

I cannot really understand the load diagrams, for instance, for the ABB IRB 4600 2.05m 60kg.

This one I can tell that the COG has to be not more than 0.18m away from the xy plane and 0.2m from Z axis to be able to handle the 60kg load.

Then this diagram:

I don't really understand the "Vertical Wrist" stands for also, the "Wrist down (0 deviation from the vertical line)". What do they mean, the robot tilt? If so which scenario is for which?

I thank you if you read this far, also for any answer. Thank you!

P.S. This is only to have a better understanding. I saw that RobotLoad can help you out to check loads, but I think this is a good way to start a EOAT design.

Comments

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Wrist down means that the robot wrist, axis 5, is pointed straight down.  It does not have to exercise the joint because it is not trying to overcome the effect of gravity.
    Lee Justice
  • lemster68 said:
    Wrist down means that the robot wrist, axis 5, is pointed straight down.  It does not have to exercise the joint because it is not trying to overcome the effect of gravity.
    Thank you so much, I tought of that, wasn't sure if I was right, thank you so much!