RobotStudio event

How to add second DSQC 652 24 VDC I/O Device unit to existing IRC5 Controller

Hi

How do I add a second DSQC 652 24 VDC I/O Device unit to a existing IRC5 Controller already with a pre-installed DSQC 652 24 VDC I/O Device unit?

We have a working unit with our system but our system is getting another external axis and we need to add another I/O unit to the controller to connect the new external axis I/O's.

The system is as follows:

Setup
Controller: IRC5
Robot Type: IRB 4600-20/2.50 Type C
Robot Software version: RW_6.02.1029
Track: IRBT 4004 Type A 10.9 m
Track Motion: Track Motion x004 Base
Weldguide: Weldguide iii
Powersource: ESAB Mig 5000i

Comments

• Presume you have the existing I/O unit mounted on the DIN rail on the inside of the controller door?

There should be additional plugs on the DeviceNet wiring on the door, you plug one of these into the new DSQC652 I/O unit, cut the address bar  links to give the unit an address that is not currently used.

The EIO configuration file will need the new unit added, specifying the address you gave it.

• You can use the supplied template files to add the new I/O unit to your existing configuration.

You can find the files in hd0a/YourSystemName/Products/RobotWare60.XXXX/utility/service/ioconfig/DeviceNet/652_YY.cfg where YY = the address of the unit to be added

• Thank you for your response.

Appreciate the help.