RobotStudio event

How to make sure that the TCP velocity is always constant even when rotating the external axis?

Options
I have robot + positionner + part. The part is fixed on the positionner. the workobject frame of the part has been created in the positionner coordinate system. a robot trajectory has been created in the work object frame of the part.  now when I run the robot trajectory and rotate the positionner at the same time, How I could be sure that tcp is always constant through the complete trajectory of the robot ?

Answers

• lemster68
    Options
    You could set up the system output for tcp speed, it goes up to 1M/sec.
    Lee Justice
  • Thank you Iemster68 for your reply. I am sorry I really don't understand what do you means by system ouput for TCP Speed?
  • lemster68
    Options
    Read the system parameter manual, look for system outputs.
    Lee Justice
  • Do you want to monitor the TCP speed or are you asking how to program the robot so it will have a constant TCP speed?
  • Hi, 
     I don't want to monitor the TCP speed, I need to make sure that the TCP speed is always constant no matter which orientation the tool is, no matter if the external axes is moving or not.
  • Apart from the acceleration and decceration at the start and end of the movement the robot motion control will keep the TCP speed at that requested in the move command (providing that the it does not overload an individual axis).
  • how I could prevent overloading the individual axis ? I have an issue the robot reduce its tcp velocity in case of rotating, is there away to make the robot have always the constant required speed even in case of having different rotation through the complete path? 
  • svoldgaard
    Options
    then you need to lower the speed.

If you motion is made, so one of the axis is at its limit, then it simply cant go faster.
    that you can check with the system output.
  • If I lower the speed, I get better results and almost constant speed. Is there a solution for to use the robot with high speed in corner path ?
  • Use RobotStudio to record the axis speeds as you run the program at the speed you would ideally like.

You should then be able to see what axis are at their limit.

It may be possible to use different robot configuration or a different shaped tool to reduce the angle through which the axis on its speed limit travels.

• HossamElaarag
    Options

Use RobotStudio to record the axis speeds as you run the program at the speed you would ideally like.

You should then be able to see what axis are at their limit.

It may be possible to use different robot configuration or a different shaped tool to reduce the angle through which the axis on its speed limit travels.

it is a good idea to do so, I have to try that....thanks