RobotStudio event

Controlling a rotation of an axis.

Hello,

I'm quite new to RobotStudio, so perhaps someone could point me in the right direction. (or perhaps link a topic where this has been answered, couldn't find one myself)

The idea is that I want to drill straight holes into a timber frame. I made a simple path to the target and a vertical path down from that location. And what I want to add now, is that after it has reached the target, I need to add a rotation to the 6th axis, while it keeps moving down along the path. How can I do this?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks,
Puru

Comments

• So your drill/tcp is centered on axis 6?  If so, you could maybe use reltool with \Rz optional argument or MoveAbsJ, addid however many degrees you want to axis 6 jointtarget.
    Lee Justice
  • It is suggested to check into the Independent Axis option.
  • Note: Independent Axis option is not supported in Robot Studio simulations
  • Not true anymore, Independent Axis is supported in the later versions of RobotStudio.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Anders. I have a simulation I made a couple years ago that uses independent axis to use the 6th axis as an auger. I just updated the robotware and ran it in RS 2019.5 and it still does not show the entire Independent Axis move. It moves the 6th axis to finish a rotation and stops the rendering of the rest of the movement. It restores to position at the end of the move. It still seems like its not supported. See link
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wolwmcnje0pkl47/NorthWestern_Study_RS195.rspag?dl=0