RobotStudio event

Recover lost RAPID modules file

Hi folks,
I'm fairly new with ABB RobotStudio, so I'm hoping the people of the internet will help me with this issue.
For the last week I've been working on a RAPID code with a virtual controller I created. To put it simply I have a station with my robot, my workspace and the RAPID code in question. 

Here's my problem: earlier I went on the real controller and, using one-click connect, connected myself (I needed to check the I/O system setup in the configuration tab) . After that, when I came back to check my code, all the RAPID modules were gone. 
I can see the virtual controller and the whole station I've created. I went into every file of my project but there wasn't any saved RAPID modules (probably because I was only saving the rsstn file from the home tab)
Is there a way to recover this? Thank you.

Comments

• There is a seperation between real controller (RC) and virtual controller (VC). When you connect to a real controller, the VC is not touched. The only exception is a relation between VC and RC, but you only do that consciously. So, I think something else happened here. Are you sure that this is the VC that you used before? Try to find the location of all the VCs you have and look if one of them has the code.

I assume you made no backup? So for the future: you should make it a habit to backup the controller at least every day after working with it. Trust me you will need to restore from backup from time to time.
  • Yes, I'm sure it is the same VC because I only made one and I still have my station. Only the RAPID code is missing, and the RAPID file of the VC I made is empty. I guess it's because I have only been saving the rsstn file so far (I though it was ok because each times I opened my solution the RAPID code was in there too).

I don't think I did something in particular that could have erased my code. When I connected my laptop on the RC I made sure to save my station beforehand and then I closed it. Nothing was open when I connected my laptop to the RC, only RobotStudio (no solution or station).

I have some backups of my station, but nothing else.
    But yeah, in the future I'll made sure to save both the station and the RAPID code.
  • Has there been anymore feedback on this issue? I am having some issues with my virtual controller "losing" its rapid programs when close and relaunch Robot Studio...
  • DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    Hello,
    I already have this issue when closing Windows before Virtual Controller really stop.
    Check with Task Manager that all ABB Virtual RobotController are stopped before close windows.
    Or you can Log it in a console so a window is opened while it's running.
    Option-Robotics-Virtual Controller-Logging-To a console window
  • Thanks this seems to help. I haven't been "losing" rapid modules now.
  • DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    @Maxim Riabichev maybe RS should close main window only when virtual controller are stopped (with timeout) or at least a splash screen indicating that VCs are stopping?
  • Hello Denis,

Please create a separate thread for this bug report/functionality request in the Upfeed section, and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks!

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer