RobotStudio event

How to quickly reduce the TCP speed?

I have a situation, where I need to reduce the speed of the robot doing movement.

I can use SpeedRefresh in a trap routine, but SpeedRefresh have a delay of 0.5s and it is too much.
I need to have a reaction time of max 0.1.

Answers

• DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    Hello,
    Did you test VelSet instruction?
    I don't know how long time this could take.

• DenisFR said:
    Hello,
    Did you test VelSet instruction?
    I don't know how long time this could take.

Unfortunately Speedrefresh is the only one that will affect an ongoing movement.  Velset will only be for subsequent motion instructions.
    Lee Justice
  • There is the System Input "LimitSpeed". But it has this Warning: There is a time lag of 0.35 to 0.5 seconds for the LimitSpeed to be triggered in
    the robot. Hence, this additional time should be considered when setting up the robot, for example, safety distance for an operator.

I do not believe you will be able to have a 0.1 response time for speed adjustment.
  • There is the System Input "LimitSpeed". But it has this Warning: There is a time lag of 0.35 to 0.5 seconds for the LimitSpeed to be triggered in
    the robot. Hence, this additional time should be considered when setting up the robot, for example, safety distance for an operator.

I do not believe you will be able to have a 0.1 response time for speed adjustment.
    I was actually trying LimetSpeed today. In a simulation, it worked perfectly, but in real life, it was the same result at speedrefresh.