RobotStudio event

PICK AND PLACE

Options

I am trying to pick some parts and move them onto a pallet. I am new to RS5 so this question mightbe trivial, but what I read in the manual indicates that if I attachan object to the robot and move it, upon detachment the object jumps back to its original location. Any ideas? Also, If I have an end effector attached to the robot already would the picked part attach to the TCP of the end effector or to the robot?

Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

When you create an attachment action in the event manager there are several options. You can either attach the object to the end effector TCP or to the robot with an offset. You can also select "Keep position", which effectively means that the offset is calculated at the time of attachment. I suggest you create a simple test station to play around with.

As for your first question, in RS 5.07.01 the object does not jump back to its original location (however, I think the behavior was different in 5.07). I really think both options should be available, but that is yet to be implemented..

Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics
  • Thank you for your reply!
    Thanks