RobotStudio event

How can I access the Axis Computer?

I have come to the conclusion, that I need to access the Axis Computer, in order to control the speed of the robot.

So now my question is, how do I do that, and it is even possible, when I'm not working at ABB.

Force Control, has the functionality I'm looking for. But It's quite expensive and has a lot of other feature, that I dont't need. 
So basically, I'm trying to make a Force Control Light!

Answers

• Hello Svoldgaard,
    could you detail your project to try to provide you with a solution closest to your constraints?

BR
  • I have a cutter on the robot. If the robot moves to fast, the cutter can't cut fast enough. Then the robot ends up with a collision.
    I have a feedback, that tells how much power the cutter uses. If the the power goes too high, then I simply wants the robot to slow down.
    Much like the FC speedchange function in the Force Control Option. Just without  the option.
  • Do you have multitasking?  If so, you could write a task which monitors that feedback and issue a speedrefresh instruction.
    Lee Justice
  • The speedrefresh instruction is to slow. It takes almost 0.5s to react.
    I need maybe 0.1s or less. Hench the reason why I think I need to access the Axis computer.
  • Sorry for late reply, but I just started using the forum. Could you explain a bit why you can not use the speed restriction parameter in the moveinstructions, I mean V1000, for example.