RobotStudio event

Group various Digital signals into bytes

Hello there!

I am simulating communication with PlcSim, but I need to send this information in bytes. For example let's say I have these digital output signals:

PLC_do_User_01
PLC_do_User_02
PLC_do_User_08

How can I group these into a byte?

And later on, connect that resulting byte within the Design of the Station Logic? As shown (incorrectly for now) in the following picture.

I would appreciate any help, thank you guys!

P.S. I am using RSConnectGIOToSnap7 Add-In.

Comments

• Hello,
    You can make group in your controller, or you can use RSConnectDIOToSnap7.
  • DenisFR said:
    Hello,
    You can make group in your controller, or you can use RSConnectDIOToSnap7.
    The DIO block has a limitation to 20 signals and also, I need to connect 1024 signals, thats why I am not going to use it.

But how to make group in my controller? I am clueless to be honest.
  • For a virtual signal, click on I/O system, right click on signal and select "add".

For a real signal,  the only difference is the mapping:

• nomad5t5 said:
    For a virtual signal, click on I/O system, right click on signal and select "add".

For a real signal,  the only difference is the mapping:

Thank you for your response!

I misexplained my issue. Let me expose the problem:

I have these 32 Digital Inputs that I want to group into 4 Groupal Inputs (let's say virtual signals).

The question is: How can I connect 8 signals into 1 Groupal signal?

My dummy solution was to write that code in RAPID in the background task I have on my controller, but that would be a really messy code. I am looking for a more elegant solution if possible.

Thank you guys for the response!
  • Your snip is of real signals so in the device mapping (shown in Nomad's snip) you put in the start bit and the end bit of each group --> GI1  = 0-7, GI2  = 8-15, GI3 = 16-23, GI4 = 24-31.

The bit mapping on I/O devices normal start at 0, so your 32 bit would go from 0 to 31.

• Your snip is of real signals so in the device mapping (shown in Nomad's snip) you put in the start bit and the end bit of each group --> GI1  = 0-7, GI2  = 8-15, GI3 = 16-23, GI4 = 24-31.

The bit mapping on I/O devices normal start at 0, so your 32 bit would go from 0 to 31.

Man, thank you a lot! It did work!!!