RobotStudio event

Virtual Controller not running when PlcSim is up with RSConnectToGIOSnap7

eKoh
eKoh
edited February 2020 in RobotStudio
Hello guys! I am simulating PLC-Robot communication with the RSConnect Add-In.

The issue is that when ever I press run on the Virtual PLC with PlcSim, my robot virtual controller stops functioning (even if they are not connected through NetToPlcSim).

These are screenshots from my Task Manager.

Before I press run in PlcSim (Check ABB Virtal RobotController):

And after I press run in PlcSim (See how Siemens PlcSim rises and Robot Controller decays):

As you can see, the Virtual RobotController CPU usage, decays to 0% and after a while it crashes.

I think that the Virtual Plc and Virtual Robot Controller processes uses the same service or same port or share something that I really dont know what it is, but it is causing any conflict for both processes running at the same time.

If anybody has this problem before and able to solve it or has any idea what the problem could be, that would be helpful!

Thank you for reading my post!

Comments

• eKoh
    eKoh
    edited February 2020
    Hello guys! I managed to solve this issue. Indeed, there was a conflict between the 2 processes I mentioned above. This is the solution:

In the Task Manager, find the ABB Virtual Robot Controller, right click it and select Go to details.

Then right click the RobVC.exe and increase its priority to Real Time:

Hope this helps somebody in the future.

NOTE: This has to be performed every time you start RobotStudio.

Post edited by eKoh on
  • DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hello,

What do you think about running each one in a virtual machine (like VirtualBox)?
    It's what I do. So no conflict.

Does it occurs if you don't use RSConnectToGIOToSnap7?
  • DenisFR said:

Does it occurs if you don't use RSConnectToGIOToSnap7?
    It happens even if I dont use RSConnect. I realized that later on.

DenisFR said:
    What do you think about running each one in a virtual machine (like VirtualBox)?
    It's what I do. So no conflict.
    Thank you for the suggestion, to be honest my current setup with the method I mentioned above has been really useful and easy to work with.