RobotStudio event

Limit Maximum Speed

Hi,

In a research facility, we currently have an IRB4600 with walk-in detection via SafeMove and a Sick microScan3 Pro. To increase the safe walk-in distance I want to limit the maximum velocity of the robot to 3 m/s, as higher speeds are not expected for the robot in its current setting.

I have found the `SpeedLimCheckPoint` RAPID instruction to limit the speed of the robot based on the LimitSpeed I/O signal. However, I am looking for a solution that is active at all times and is not dependent on the RAPID code. How can this be achieved? 

Best, 
Dave 

Comments

• Create your own speeddata.

CONST speeddata vSafeMax:=[3000,500,5000,1000];

Or something that works for you.

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Motion planner section of your MOC: linear_max_speed should be set.  It is specified in M/s.
    Lee Justice
  • SomeTekk said:
    Create your own speeddata.

CONST speeddata vSafeMax:=[3000,500,5000,1000];

Or something that works for you.
    Thank you for your response! A solution like this would be my last resort if nothing else works. As the robot is in a research facility the programs and code are changed often. Even while everybody should be informed on the speed supervision, I do expect people to forget or just plainly assume 'It is handled'. Therefore I want to find a solution that is independent of RAPID instructions and by extension the RAPID program (This includes the `speeddata` variable). 

lemster68 said:
    Motion planner section of your MOC: linear_max_speed should be set.  It is specified in M/s.
    Also thank you for the response! Under `Controller > Configuration > Motion > Motion Planner` I can find multiple motion planners with a `TCP Linear Max Speed` setting. This seems to limit the TCP speed, but how do I make sure the other checkpoints (wrist and elbow) are also limited? I've found this setting before, but as it was specific for the TCP I assumed it was not taking the safety checkpoints into account and therefore would still be able to trigger SafeMove supervision in very specific cases. 

• In the Application manual  Functional safety and SafeMove there is the Supervision function Axis Speed Supervision.

I am many years removed from exposure to SafeMove, but the manual would be a good place to start. 

Hopefully you have RW 6 and the appropriate version of SafeMove.  :|
  • There are multiple instances of the motion planner, default used is the first.  You can verify under robot, use motion planner "X".  Not sure about the arm itself though.  You might need to look into your safemove configuration for that.
    Lee Justice
  • Hi
    In our training center we use instruction "Velset" amd "Accset" in event routines (PowerON, Start, Restart). So robotspeed is always reduced independent of the programmed speed in RAPID. You can also use Instruction "Speedrefresh". To prevent changes of the event routine you can put this routine in a module and load is automatically as hidden.
  • Knud E Lindberg
    edited March 2020
    Velset is not a safe way to reduce speed if you do not define the max speed in SafeMove
    Regards
    Knud Erik Lindberg
    Jorgensen Engineering
  • That´s correct. You have to supervise the speed with safemove.