RobotStudio event

38234 - Max Force or Torque reached

Hello,

I have observed the "Max Force or Torque reached" error on almost all of my movements in the air, the velocity is 1600 mmps. My question is, what is the default max force or torque limit set at? I was looking in the signal analyzer for a way to monitor the max force or torque but was unable to find any signals that correspond with force or torque. Will triggering this error over and over cause undue wear and tear on the machine? 

Comments

• Which robot model are you using?  Do you have the correct payload set for your EOAT?  Have the necessary armloads been entered (if applicable)?
    Lee Justice
  • lemster68 said:
    Which robot model are you using?  Do you have the correct payload set for your EOAT?  Have the necessary armloads been entered (if applicable)?
    It is an ABB IRB 6700. We use a force/torque sensor that relies on calibrated payload data for each of our buffers. I'm not sure if the armloads have been entered, as I was not part of the integration process for this robot. 
  • Oh, so it is not the robot, but your sensor that is reporting the error.  Sorry, I am not sure then about it either.
    Lee Justice
  • lemster68 said:
    Oh, so it is not the robot, but your sensor that is reporting the error.  Sorry, I am not sure then about it either.
    The error I'm getting is in the RAPID output. I am referring to the robot itself, not the sensor. Sorry for the confusion. 
  • lemster68 said:
    Which robot model are you using?  Do you have the correct payload set for your EOAT?  Have the necessary armloads been entered (if applicable)?
    Upon inspecting the arm load values in the motion module, I've found that all the values are set to 0. As I wasn't part of the integration process of this machine, I was wondering if there is there a recommended routine to run in order to determine the necessary arm loads?
  • So you have some kind of integrated force control package.
    Lee Justice
  • lemster68 said:
    So you have some kind of integrated force control package.
    Correct
  • So you mentioned that these are "air" moves, I assume that the force control is not necessary to be active at these times.  Look in your program for instructions which deactivate the force control--FcRefStop and FCDeact.
    Lee Justice
  • lemster68 said:
    So you mentioned that these are "air" moves, I assume that the force control is not necessary to be active at these times.  Look in your program for instructions which deactivate the force control--FcRefStop and FCDeact.
    Yes, the motions that trigger the "Max Force or Torque reached" are simply air movements with Force Control deactivated. 
  • Do you have the force control manual?  What version of robotware and Robotstudio?
    Lee Justice
  • lemster68 said:
    Do you have the force control manual?  What version of robotware and Robotstudio?
    I do not believe the error is related to force control at all. As I mentioned previously, the error is coming directly from the output of the controller. There are no error codes (that I know of) that relate to the force control sensor that appear in the output from the controller. I am using version 7.0.8721.0594 of RobotStudio and version 5.16 of RobotWare. 
  • What is the error code associated with the Max Force or Torque reached error?
  • What is the error code associated with the Max Force or Torque reached error?
    38234 - Max Force or Torque Reached
  • From the trouble shooting manual this error is that the measured force or torque on the force sensor attached to the axis computer is higher than the value it is configured for.

As this is happening during an air move try reducing the acceleration values using AccSet.

• From the trouble shooting manual this error is that the measured force or torque on the force sensor attached to the axis computer is higher than the value it is configured for.

As this is happening during an air move try reducing the acceleration values using AccSet.

I noticed this when I looked in the trouble shooting manual as well, but was wondering what the default limit of torque or force is set to on the axis computer. 
  • All it is saying is that the measured force or torque is higher than force sensor is configured for- will be due to the inertia of the tool/payload while accelerating.

The robot is not affected you would get a motion error if the robot itself was over loaded, but it may be overloading the force sensor.

The max force and torque values are set in the motion configuration file->FC Application->Max ref force or max ref torque (check the application manual for force control - should not be larger than the maximum load for the robot).

• All it is saying is that the measured force or torque is higher than force sensor is configured for- will be due to the inertia of the tool/payload while accelerating.

The robot is not affected you would get a motion error if the robot itself was over loaded, but it may be overloading the force sensor.

The max force and torque values are set in the motion configuration file->FC Application->Max ref force or max ref torque (check the application manual for force control - should not be larger than the maximum load for the robot).

This makes sense. And I assume these force values in the motion configuration are set in Newtons? i.e "Max Ref Torque: 400"
  • Yes manual says in Newtons