RobotStudio event

RobotStudio student license (stuck at home, please help!)

Hi, I'm a student at Università degli studi di Bergamo.
I was working with an ABB IRB120 at the campus' labs for my thesis, but due to the recent outbreak of COVID-19 I'm now stuck at home and cannot leave, thus I'm unable to continue my project.
I read on this forum that it is possible to receive a student license for RobotStudio. It would be great if I could get one or if somebody could point me in the right direction as the simulator would allow me to continue working from home.
Thank you very much!

Comments

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    If you have not yet installed Robotstudio on your home computer then you should be able to download and install it.  Then you should have the free 30 day trial available.
    Lee Justice
  • Hello,

In fact, newly activated trial licenses will be valid for 90 days. The change was made to facilitate RobotStudio access from home during the COVID-19 crisis.

Have a nice day!

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for letting us know and thanks to ABB for helping out this way in these difficult times.
    Lee Justice
  • Hello again,

The 3 month special offer can be used even if one has previously activated a regular trial license.

Have a nice day

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer
  • Thank you very much! Very helpful!
  • ahlemkaabi
    edited June 2020
    hi,who can help me to find the  RS student license ,a link please
  • You request a trial license from within RobotStudio-> help-> manage licenses.
    Select the special offer on the web page to get a license valid till the end of this year.
  • @ahlemkaabi
    You just download robotstudio from the link here below and install it then you perform the activation and choose the Robotstudio 2020 offer to get RobotStudio for free for the rest of the year. Read more about that in this forum post: https://forums.robotstudio.com/discussion/comment/30897#Comment_30897
    Download RobotStudio here: https://new.abb.com/products/robotics/robotstudio/downloads