RobotStudio event

ABB to make digital service available free of charge to help customers maintain production

Maxim Riabichev
edited January 2021 in RobotStudio
See public announcement here: <Link remove, offer no longer available>

The license can be activated through RobotStudio -> Options -> Licensing -> Activation Wizard -> I want to request a trial license -> RobotStudio Special Offer 2020

Edit 2020-12-07, please see the last post in this thread regarding the 2020 trial licenses.

Stay safe out there!

Maxim Riabichev
PC Software Support Engineer
Post edited by Maxim Riabichev on

Comments

• thanks very much to ABB. A big company!
  • Excelente apoyo
  • its good.but i was already end with trial period  how can i activate this license..

• its good.but i was already end with trial period  how can i activate this license..

The license can be activated through RobotStudio -> Options -> Licensing -> Activation Wizard -> I want to request a trial license -> RobotStudio Special Offer 2020.

You should ensure to use the latest version of RobotStudio and select this specific option for the trial.
  • Maxim Riabichev
    edited April 2020
    Please note that, as of today, each 2020 Trial License can be used to activate RobotStudio up to 3 times per computer (changed up from 1 per computer). 

This should solve issues where users would receive a "Maximum number of activations reached" error when trying to activate the 2020 Trial License after a re-install of their operating system, or other similar cases.

Unfortunately this change does not work retroactively. So if you have activated RobotStudio with a 2020 Trial License between the dates March 27 and April 7, and you're considering re-installing Windows or something similar, please save the license key before you do so and contact us if you end up in a situation mentioned above.
    You can always find your current license key via RobotStudio -> Options -> Licensing -> View installed licenses.
    Post edited by Maxim Riabichev on

Maxim Riabichev
  • that is very generous for such excellent software, thankyou.
  • My "I want to request a trial license" is disabled in the activation window? How can I fix that?
  • Are you trying to activate RobotStudio on a Virtual Machine?
    Trial licenses are only available for real PC's.

Maxim Riabichev
  • Hello everyone,

As we are coming to the end of the year (less than 30 days left), the 2020 trial licenses are no longer available to request.

The licenses which have already been acquired will, of course, continue to be valid throughout the remainder of 2020.

If you are new to RobotStudio, the regular 30 day trial license is still available.

If you'd like to purchase a RobotStudio license for 2021, please contact your local ABB via https://new.abb.com/contact-centers

We hope that these trial licenses have made it easier for you to adapt to the new work environment during this challenging time. 

Thank you and stay safe!

Maxim Riabichev
This discussion has been closed.